CCIRA Reading & Other Resources
Click on any of the images below for more information.
More Information on the CCIRA Talent Bank:
The CCIRA Talent Bank consists of speakers who have current professional knowledge to share with local councils at their meetings. These speakers have agreed not to accept an honorarium for presentations made at local council meetings; however, they will be reimbursed by CCIRA for mileage and handouts.
As a courtesy to Talent Bank speakers, councils should inform speakers concerning whether or not other reimbursement, such as overnight accommodations for distant destinations, will be possible.
Your questions and comments about the Talent Bank are welcomed. If you contact a speaker by e-mail, please use "CCIRA Talent Bank" as the subject line. Views expressed by Talent Bank speakers are not necessarily endorsed by CCIRA.
ACCESSING TALENT BANK SPEAKERS
• The local council's program chairperson is responsible for contacting appropriate speaker(s) based on members' interests and/or needs. Identify the source of your information as the CCIRA Talent Bank and your request for a listed topic when contacting a Talent Bank speaker.
• Follow-up your initial contact with a written confirmation of the day, time, place, topic and audience for the presentation. Again, mention the CCIRA Talent Bank as the source of your information.
• Shortly before the meeting, send a photocopy of your letter, as a reminder, and enclose a map to the meeting site to assist the speaker.
• On the day of the meeting, request round-trip mileage with accompanying MapQuest and receipts for handout expenses from the speaker. Record the information on CCIRA Reimbursement Request Form, sign and send to State Coordinator along with Speaker Evaluation Form.
• If you schedule more than one Talent Bank speaker for a meeting, try to arrange a carpool.
• Following the presentation of a Talent Bank speaker, complete a Talent Bank Speaker Evaluation Form (found after the listing of Talent Bank Speakers) and send it along with the Reimbursement Request Form within a week to: Jessica Rickert, 4549 Lyndenwood Circle, Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
• Send a note of appreciation to the speaker as soon as possible. A local council may give the speaker a token of appreciation, if desired.